Enterprise Mauritius (EM) is the apex Trade Promotion Organisation of the Republic of Mauritius. EM is a collaborative partnership between industry and Government to help, within an integrated framework, businesses in Mauritius expand into regional and international markets, and at the same time develop their internal capability to meet the challenges of international competition.
Enterprise Mauritius was awarded the best Trade Promotion Organisation (TPO) award in the Small Country category in 2006 and in the Small Island Developing States category in 2010 by the ITC.
The core objectives of Enterprise Mauritius are:
- Promote Mauritius as a reliable and preferred sourcing destination for quality products and services;
- Consolidating the share of Mauritian exports of goods and services in our traditional markets;
Diversify our export into new markets;
- Develop emerging markets for Mauritian products and services;
- Assist in product development to achieve market conformity in terms of quality, standards and norms;
- Promote enterprise development to improve the export readiness of domestic enterprises; and
Assist SMEs to internationalise their products and services through export marketing
Every year, Enterprise Mauritius coordinates the participation of businesses in various local and international events such as Trade Fairs, Buyers Sellers Meetings, B2Bs (Business to Business), Contact Promotion Programmes, and conferences.